Hosted a BlogEngine.NET on Windows Server 2008 [R2] / Windows 8 IIS server (7.5 or higher), and used SQLite as Blog’s database. When navigate to the blog, an error clames “Attempt to write a read-only database”.
1. Make sure the account IIS_IUSRS has the permission to modify the database file (usually the database file is under ~/App_Data and its named called BlogEngine.s3db).
2. Do the same for the containing folder of that database file (~/App_Data).
3. Make sure the “Application pool identity” is checked in the Anonymous user identity panel of your web site. To check that setting, press Win + Run, type “inetmgr” and hit Enter key, in the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager, choose your web site, click “Authentication” icon, then the following panel appears.
4. Restart your web site or just press Win + Run, type “iisreset” and hit Enter key.
5. Revisit the blog, the error should be gone.